Who is Embracing?

I invite you to read this slowly, as a meditation:

I am my body

Who is embracing?

I am everything
I embrace everything
Who is embracing?

I am

Being here, now

The lines above came together this Friday as a syntheses of many years of meditative practice, sparked by trying to get James’ life and death together. His profound embodiment and his deep, transcendent qualities.

When we walk along the spiritual path it’s easy to fall in love with the new levels and abandon the “lower” — to transcend and forget to include.

Planet Earth, Humanity and all the other species, needs all of us here and now. Now.
A spirituality that doesn’t leave Anything behind.
No dissociation, no neti, neti, only a huge embrace that puts us into full contact with all aspect of our selfs and Everything.
Even if it hurts.

Living in the Relative and the Absolute.
Seeing both aspects. Being  both aspects. As One.

“Unless trends change, the remaining 250 Chacma baboons of the Cape South Peninsula face extinction within 10 years.

Baboons lived in Cape Town’s surrounding hills and plains long before their human neighbours took up residence. Conflict escalated as urban development encroached on baboon habitat bringing them into ever closer contact with man.” www.gonomad.com/helps/0601/baboons.html

“African Penguins — They are listed on the IUCN Red List as “vulnerable” with population trend decreasing. This penguin is listed because it is suffering a rapid decline in it’s population. The 21st century started with a tenth of the population that the 20th century started with. This is believed to be due to massive commerical fisheries causing shifts in types, and amounts of prey available to the penguins in their range.

Also, two wide spread oil spills in 1994, and 2000 affected over 40 percent of the population of the African Penguins, killing at least 30,000 penguins, that were accounted for. Then of course, the disturbance that man brings to their nesting sites, along with the harvesting of their eggs.”

All photos from Cape Point a week ago.

8 Responses to Who is Embracing?

1. Hanna June 18, 2012 at 09:11 #

Dear Stina, so beautiful, thank you very much for sharing this revelation. Eros and Agape, the ascending and descending quality of love. It is so important to notice whenever we prefer one to the other and to make sure to regain the balance

2. Stina Deurell June 18, 2012 at 09:41 #

Dear Hanna, With your deep anchoring in these questions, your comment is worth so much for me, thank you!
    Big Heart, Stina

3. Jackie June 18, 2012 at 20:06 #

Mmmm, I am this writing …

4. Robert Holmin July 1, 2012 at 22:08 #

Can’t decide which are more beautiful – your words or pictures… maybe how they move together.

5. Brahmani August 12, 2012 at 10:57 #

6. Brahmani August 12, 2012 at 14:21 #

“I have tried my best to convince you of only one thing: that enlightenment is your nature; that it is not something achieved, you bring it with your birth. All that you have to do is not to create it but just to open the hidden secret of your life.

The moment you start feeling your inner light, your whole perspective starts changing. You will feel compassionate towards human beings even if they are doing stupid things. And you will feel immensely joyous, celebrating, even though you don’t have anything to celebrate.
    Nothing is needed to celebrate ~ only excuses ~ my birthday is just an excuse!
    But if you want to celebrate, you will find a thousand and one excuses.”

7. Stina Deurell August 13, 2012 at 07:38 #

Thank you Brahmani for your quote from Osho.
    I do agree with “that enlightenment is your nature”, as is our bodies, our thoughts and feelings. We are the embrace of relative and absolute.

1. Our Land | Big Heart of Humanity - September 9, 2012

[…] I work with ”Who is Embracing?” and embrace as Big Heart of Humanity or the Biosphere, those questions become so very close […]

Powered by WordPress. Designed by Woo Themes